Some of the roles and responsibilities of a web developer are as follows:
- Identify bugs and fix them, trouble shoot and solve any related problems.
- Help other members and provide the necessary assistance in the up gradation and maintenance of websites.
- Create, design, test and apply web-based applications
- Create the right code structures to resolve specific tasks.
- Develop, program, test and debug all web based applications.
- Prepare and coordinate intranet web updates and intranet website changes.
- Participating in a team-oriented environment to develop complex web-based applications
Title: Senior PHP Developer:
- To interpret written business requirements and technical specification documents.
- To perform coding to written technical specifications.
- To perform code maintenance and testing.
- To fix application issues and code irregularities.
- To give technical feedback to the Application Architect.
- Correspond with and report to Application Architect.
- Building and maintenance of core PHP based applications.
- To develop web page infrastructure and application related to pages with more advanced graphics and features.
- To design and develop relational database systems and their web interfaces.
- Responsible for integrating MySQL database with the PHP applications.
PHP Developer skills set and job responsibilities
PHP is perhaps the most popular web development language at the time. At least 20 million domains use PHP. It is a language that is used on major sites such as Facebook and Wikipedia as well as in some of the world’s biggest open source projects like Drupal and WordPress. The person who is writing this language is a PHP developer. A PHP Developer writes, tests, troubleshoots, and maintains the source code for web pages and computer graphics programs. A PHP Developer uses and develops code that are followed by computers to execute different tasks.
Maintained code of a PHP developer must be well-documented, reusable and able to be modified to fulfill changing needs with passage of time. PHP Programmers are free to work for companies on salary basis or independently on contracts basis.
Job Responsibilities of a PHP Developer
A PHP developer is responsible to look out page layout, design and the entire coding of the developing website according to the PHP format. The PHP developer will be responsible for graphical and technological aspects of a website. The developer is responsible to update existing features of the website.
They are responsible to develop program codes by referring to existing websites and software packages. They are also responsible to upload a site on server. Other responsibilities of PHP Developers include:
- Updating the site by adding new features.
- Identifying technical errors that may occur due to bugs in the code.
- Preliminary testing the site to make sure that it is functioning properly.
- Deliver appropriate leadership and maintain the page layout and show characteristics for the client websites.
- Build up contents according to client requirement.
- Have appropriate contacts with other designers and programmers for a competent outcome.
- Do proper documentation of the program and add technical requirements in the code.
- Accurate testing of the built up code at a variety of stages to identify bugs.
- They work in a team with a number of individuals like database administrators, designers, HTML & CSS programmers and project manager.
- Write reusable code preferably using classes and libraries
- They design architecture of the program.
- Programming databases specially mySql
- Testing and debugging new programs
- Establishing projects from scratch or working on accessible projects
- Staying aware of security issues in PHP
- Developing front-end and back-end applications
- Helping team members to solve different problems
PHP Programmers may simply have to adjust or customize essential, accessible code for an application. There programmers with hands on experience on latest open source programs like, Mambo, Drupal, Joomla, WordPress, Magento are in great demand. On the other hand, a PHP Developers may also be called to build up and write new code for different programs. Some employers also look for PHP Developers who are skillful in other technologies such as SSH, FTP and SQL. A PHP developer will be in great demand if he is experienced in diverse programming languages.
Education Requirements for PHP Developers
Some applicants may require PHP certification that can be obtained through online certification examination. Several institutes in large metropolitan areas are also providing professional PHP developer trainings. But a PHP Developer with bachelor’s degree in Computer Sciences, BSCS, BS IT, BS SW or MCS is more valuable in the market.